Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A message from Christie Vilsack...


Dear Public Librarians:

Thank you for all of the support you've given me in the past eight years. It has been a pleasure to meet many of you as I've traveled across the state. I just visited my 500th Iowa Public Library this week! It has been quite a ride!

As part of my legacy, I would like to leave at Terrace Hill a collection of library cards. They would be included in the First Lady's Exhibit which will be on permanent display at Terrace Hill. If you are interested in helping me out, could you send me a library card issued in my name?

Please send them to:

Betsy Shelton
2300 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312

Any cards received before the end of the year will be included in the display.
It would be helpful to me if you could send me your personal contact information as well, including home address and email. I want to be sure I can stay in touch even after you and I have moved on to other ventures. Again, thank you for everything. Keep up your work of promoting literacy of all kinds in your communities!


Sincerely,
Christie Vilsack
First Lady of Iowa