Friday, November 04, 2005


Meet Southeastern's New Library Director....

Name: Beth Sullivan, director of the Bloomfield Public Library

Family: Husband, Keith; 3 grown children, Lori Galindo (32) lives in Boonville, MS with her 2 children, Bronson (10) and Keera (5); Son, Frank (30) lives on our farm in rural Bloomfield with parents, works in Centerville; Son, Sam (27) lives and works in Pella.

Schooling: Graduated from Davis County High School, 1972, Graduated from Physical Therapist Assistant program in Ottumwa IHCC in 1995, started at the Bloomfield Public Library in 1999 and took PLM I and II. Have been recertified, Jan. 2005.

My Favorite Author Is: Depending on mood with so many different authors to pick from.

A Recent Book I Read: The Regime by Tim LaHaye.

My Friendship With Libraries Began: When my brother Jerry Greene was the director in 1992, and he helped me with my math in college. Then fell into my job as clerk in 1999.

I'd Really Like to Be Good At: Ordering books, being better organized, and getting my Board of Trustees to work on a project like a Building project.

I'd Give Anything to Meet: Tom Arnold again and have him sign his book How I Lost Five Pounds in Six Years. This would be for my husband and maybe help us out with our building project.

My Idea of Paradise: Have a Board and our patrons working together to make our building project a reality!

No comments: