Thursday, October 13, 2005

Meet Morning Sun's New Director--Amy Moser. Below you'll find Amy's answers to our "New Director" questionnaire! (sorry--we don't have a good photo of Amy yet--watch for that later!)

Name: Amy Moser

Family: Partner, Casie Truitt and 5 month old son, Daniel. We just moved to Morning Sun (Casie's hometown) from Minneapolis, MN. Most of my family is in South Dakota.

Schooling: BA in Culture and Communication Studies from the University of Northern Iowa, MA in Women's Studies from the University of Northern Iowa, a tad bit of Library School at the College of St. Catherine in St. Paul, MN.

My favorite author is: bell hooks

A recent book I read is : Fade by Kyle Mills and Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. I haven't read fiction in years and I'm remembering that I like it!

My friendship with libraries began: I had a great librarian in elementary school - Mrs. Hartman. She really encouraged me to read above my grade level and gave teachers harder books so I wouldn't get bored. I was also in speech/debate in high school and college, so I have spent many an hour walking the stacks, searching for articles, and fixing jammed photocopiers.

I'd really like to be good at: yoga

I'd give anything to meet: Ira Glass from "This American Life." He emailed me back once after a show in Minneapolis and I nearly peed I was so excited.

My idea of paradise: 70 degrees, my baby on my lap, sitting in a rocking chair in my front porch.

No comments: